- These Regulations have been prepared for the purposes of defining the rules of participation in the 12th European Financial Congress, which will be organized on June 5-7, 2023 in Sopot by the Foundation “Strategic Thoughts Center”.
- The abbreviations used in these Regulations have the following meanings:
a) Congress or EKF – XIII European Financial Congress;
b) Participant – any person who applied for participation in the XIII European Financial Congress in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations;
c) Organizer or Foundation – Foundation ” Centrum Myśli Strategicznych “with its seat in Sopot (ul. Powstańców Warszawy 19, 81-718 Sopot), entered into the register of associations, other social and professional organizations, foundations and independent public health care facilities by the District Court Gdańsk-Północ in Gdańsk, 8th Department Economic Department of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000571469, NIP 5851471831, REGON 362258560;
d) Partners – Partners of the XIII European Financial Congress: the list of Partners is available on the website: https://www.efcongress.com/partnerzy / in the Partners tab;
e) Co-organizers – Co-organizers of the XIII European Financial Congress, the list is available on the website: https://www.efcongress.com/partnerzy/ in the Co-organizers tab;
f) Civil Code – the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code (consolidated text, Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1740, as amended );
g) GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection) (Journal of Laws UE “L” 2016/119/1).
- The provisions of these Regulations together with Appendix No. 1 shall apply to participation in the XIII European Financial Congress also when its date or place changes.
- All information regarding the Congress is provided by the Organizer by phone: +48 58 355 53 70, and by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Getting acquainted with and accepting these Regulations are a necessary condition for participation in the Congress.
Registration of participation in the Congress and payments
- Participants may take part in the Congress at the place of the Congress (stationary).
- Only adults may participate in the Congress.
- The conditions for participation in the Congress are registration via the registration form available on the website: efcongress.com , expressing the obligatory consents in the form and paying the participation fee. Each Participant should fill in the registration form on their own and on their own behalf and express the obligatory consents required for registration.
- Registration for Participants will open on February 20, 2023 and will be closed on May 29, 2023 at 6.00 p.m. The Organizer reserves the right to change the registration dates, in particular if the number of Participants will have to be adjusted to the applicable legal requirements or sanitary recommendations related to COVID-19.
- The organizer sends the confirmation of accepting the application for participation in the Congress to the address provided in the registration within 24 hours. It is not tantamount to confirmation of participation in the Congress. Participation in the Congress is possible after paying the participation fee.
- The basic fee for the participation of one Participant in the Congress is:
EKF, stationary participation – Sopot:
- Early Birds price, PLN 2,900 + 23% VAT if the participant registers by March 20, 2023. The Early Birds price is valid when the payment for participation in the Congress is made within the period indicated in the proforma invoice.
- Standard Price, PLN 3900 +23% VAT if registration takes place after March 20, 2023.
- Price “Standard” and Price ” Early Birds “, referred to in paragraph. 6 of this paragraph, include:
- participation in all events as part of the official program of the Congress;
- a package of congress materials;
- lunch on June 5-7, 2023 and dinner on June 6 and 7, 2023;
- Payments should be made within 7 days of receiving confirmation of acceptance of the application for participation in the Congress to the Organiser’s bank account (transfer data: Centrum Myśli Strategicznych, ul. Powstańców Warszawy 19, 81-718 Sopot, mBank SA, account number: 69 1140 2004 0000 3702 7582 9433, Swift Code : BREXPLPWMBK). The date of payment is the date on which the payment is credited to the Organiser’s bank account.
- The entity providing online payment services is Blue Media SA based in Sopot.
- If no payment is made within 7 days from the date of registration, the registration will be canceled. In the case of registration for the Congress after May 29, 2023, you should send the Organizer an e-mail confirmation of the transfer to the following address: email@example.com or have such confirmation when collecting the ID on the day of the Congress.
- After the payment is credited to the Organiser’s bank account, an e-mail confirmation of participation in the Congress is sent, which completes the registration process and enables participation in the Congress.
- The reimbursement of the fee paid for participation in the EKF shall be made only in cases expressly indicated in these Regulations.
- Participants and payers agree to issue and receive VAT invoices by electronic means. Centrum Myśli Strategicznych is a registered active VAT payer.
- The Organizer does not provide the Participants with accommodation and transport, and the fees indicated in sec. 6 do not include, in particular, travel and accommodation costs related to participation in the Congress, which each Participant bears independently. The Organizer informs – via the website http://www.efcongress.com – about the possibility of accommodation in hotels cooperating with the Organizer. Hotel availability may be limited. The organizer is not responsible for the services offered by the hotels or for the booking of accommodation.
Place, date and program of the Congress
- The Congress will be held on June 5-7, 2023. The organizer may also set a different date of the Congress than the dates indicated in this section.
- The congress will be held at the “Sheraton Sopot Hotel, Conference Center & Spa” Hotel, 10 Powstańców Warszawy St., 81-701 Sopot. The organizer may change the place of the Congress or – depending on the circumstances – determine that the Congress will be held – in whole or in part – in the “online” formula.
- The Organizer will immediately inform the Participants on the website www.efcongress.com and by e-mail about the change of the date, place or formula of the Congress.
- In the event of moving the Congress to an alternative date or to a different date, as well as in the event of changing the Congress formula to the “online” formula or shortening the Congress, the Participant within 14 days from the date of sending the information about the change by e-mail by the Organizer, is entitled to resign from participation in Congress. In the event of resignation, the Organizer will return the paid participation fee to the Participant to the bank account number from which it was paid, within no more than one month from the date of receipt of the resignation. Apart from the reimbursement of the fee referred to in the preceding sentence, in connection with the change made by the Organizer, the Participant is not entitled to any claims against the Organizer (e.g. for reimbursement of costs incurred in connection with transport or accommodation).
- In the absence of a declaration of resignation in accordance with paragraph 4 above, it is considered that the Participant has consented to the change announced by the Organizer and in connection with this change, the Participant is not entitled to any claims against the Organizer.
- In the case of moving the Congress to an alternative date or to a different date, as well as in the case of changing the formula of the Congress to the formula “online”, the previous Participant is entitled to indicate the data of a new Participant (ie a substitute ) on the terms set out in § 4 sec. 4, with the proviso that the deadline for submitting a new Participant, completing the registration form available on the website: www.efcongress.com and expressing consent obligations in this form is 14 days, counting from the date the Organizer sends an e-mail information about the change of conditions to the current Participant holding the Congress.
- In the event of resignation, in accordance with paragraph 4 and paragraph 5 above, the provisions of § 4 sec. 1-3 of these Regulations.
- The Congress program is available on the website https://www.efcongress.com/. The organizer reserves the right to change the program. In this case, the Participant is not entitled to resign as described in section 4 and paragraph 5 of this paragraph or any other claims against the Organizer.
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel the Congress. In such a case, the Organizer will reimburse the Participant for the participation fee. Apart from the reimbursement of the fee referred to in the preceding sentence, in connection with the cancellation, the Participant is not entitled to any claims against the Organizer (e.g. for reimbursement of costs incurred in connection with transport or accommodation).
- The Organizer’s rights described in this paragraph may also be exercised after the commencement
Resignation or change of the Participant
- Resignation from participation in the Congress for reasons dependent or beyond the control of the Participant is possible only by means of a declaration of resignation from participation in the Congress sent by e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the declaration of resignation is delivered to the Organizer no later than on May 19, 2023 inclusive, the Organizer will refund the Participant the entire fee paid to the bank account number from which it was paid, by June 30, 2023.
- In the event that the declaration of resignation is delivered after May 19, 2023 or if such a declaration is not submitted and the Participant does not take part in the Congress or in any part of the Congress, then the Participant is not entitled to a refund or other claims against the Organizer.
- It is possible to change the person registered to participate in the Congress, without the need to pay an additional fee and with the payment of the fee paid so far, if by 28 May 2023. the following conditions will be met jointly: The Organizer will receive the details of the new Participant by e-mail: email@example.com, the new Participant will meet all the requirements set out in these Regulations, fill out the registration form available on the website: efcongress.com and express the obligatory consents in this form.
- Apart from the case described in section 4 above, the change of the Participant, including the resale of the right to participate in the Congress, is not allowed.
Identification, security and rules for holding the Congress
- During the Congress, the Participant is obliged to observe the rules of culture, adhere to the rules of social coexistence and follow the Organiser’s instructions.
- The presence of an ID by the Participant authorizes him to enter the events related to the Congress. The ID badge will be issued to the Participant on the first day of the Congress.
- Due to the epidemic, the Organizer informs that the guidelines resulting from the provisions of law and recommendations of the relevant authorities and services issued to combat COVID-19 will be implemented in the area of the Congress, and the Participants are obliged to strictly comply with them. EKF is organized in accordance with governmental guidelines concerning, inter alia, congresses. The number of Congress Participants is limited and adjusted to the current government guidelines available on the website: https://www.gov.pl/web/rozwoj-praca-technologia/spotkania-biznesowe-szkolenia-konferencje-i-kongresy .
- The organizer informs that during the organization of the Congress, the guidelines resulting from the provisions of law and recommendations of the relevant authorities and services issued to combat COVID-19 will be implemented . The organizer reserves the right to change participation in the Congress depending on the currently applicable regulations.
- In the event of reducing the possible number of Congress Participants in the place of the Congress, the Organizer may request the recently registered participants to change the participation status from stationary to online. The number of people attending stationary schools will depend on the current governmental guidelines. In the case of changing the status from stationary to online, the order will be decisive.If the status of the change of the participant from stationary to online takes place at the Organiser’s request, the Organizer will refund the participant the paid participation fee or propose to use the paid fee for participation in another event organized by the Center for Strategic Thoughts. Apart from the reimbursement of the fee referred to in the preceding sentence, the Participant is not entitled to any claims against the Organizer (e.g. for reimbursement of costs incurred in connection with transport or accommodation). The Participant acknowledges that the Organizer is not responsible for the infection of the Participant or the risk of COVID-19 infection during the Congress.
- It is forbidden for EKF Participants to conduct any commercial, canvassing, advertising, promotional, as well as agitating and fundraising activities not agreed with the Organizer, as well as activities inconsistent with applicable law.
- The Coordinator is not responsible for the Participant’s belongings that were lost, stolen or damaged during the Congress.
Image of Participants and Panelists
- Accepting these Regulations means in particular that in the event of the image of the Participant, Panelist (both in the stationary and online mode) being preserved in connection with the participation in the Congress, the Participant, Panelist
– pursuant to Art. 81 sec. 1 of the Act of February 4, 1994 on copyright and related rights (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1231, as amended )
– agrees to the free use and distribution of his image by the Organizer. Each Participant, the Panelist , acknowledges that this image may be disseminated by the above-mentioned entities, inter alia, for the purposes of promoting and informing about the Congress or the Foundation’s activities, in any place, time or form of presentation (e.g. frame, photo, film), in particular: during the Congress and after its end, widely understood media, including the Internet, in social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, in the press, on the website: https://www.efcongress.com/. Withdrawal of consent to use or disseminate the image during the Congress will prevent further participation in the Congress.
- The above consent for the use and dissemination of the image includes in particular the following fields of use:
a) any reproduction by any technique, including: on audiovisual discs, photosensitive technique, digital technique, computer recording technique, in a multimedia network (including the Internet),
c) entering into computer memory, memory of other device and multimedia network , including the Internet,
d) any dissemination, including in the form of print, digital recording, multimedia,
e) any trade in the original or copies on which the image has been recorded – placing on the market (including using the Internet and other data transmission techniques) , using telecommunications, IT and wireless networks),
f) lending or renting or handing over the original or copies for use on the basis of another legal relationship, everyone could have access to it at a place and time chosen by them, in particular by execution using on websites, social networks,
g) using in multimedia works.
- Registration or recording of the Congress or Participants, as well as dissemination of recordings, photos, publications and other materials obtained in connection with the Congress requires the prior consent of the Organizer expressed in writing under pain of nullity. 4. The Organizer is not responsible for registering, recording or disseminating the image of a Participant, Panelist by other Participants or by other persons.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, the relevant legal provisions shall apply, including the provisions of the Civil Code and the GDPR.
- These Regulations enter into force on February 28, 2022. and is valid until the date of its repeal.
- The Organizer is the administrator of the Participants’ personal data. Personal data will be processed in accordance with the GDPR. The detailed content of the information regarding the processing of personal data is set out in Annex 1 to these Regulations.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make changes to these Regulations, about which he will immediately inform the Participants.
Annex 1 to the Regulations – GDPR information clause
In connection with the obligation resulting from the GDPR, the Organizer provides information on the processing of your personal data below:
- The administrator of your data will be: Fundacja “Centrum Myśli Strategicznych” with headquarters in Sopot (ul. Powstańców Warszawy 19, 81-718 Sopot), entered in the register of associations, other social and professional organizations, foundations and independent public health care institutions by the Court District Gdańsk-Północ in Gdańsk, VIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the KRS number: 0000571469, NIP: 5851471831, REGON: 362258560, tel. +48 58 355 53 70, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter referred to as the “Administrator ”)
- Your data will not be processed in an automated manner, including profiling. The administrator does not plan to transfer your personal data to third countries.
- On efcongress.com website , in the application form for participation in the 12th European Financial Congress (hereinafter: “Congress”), there are fields for expressing consents regarding the processing of personal data:
- consent to the processing of personal data provided in the application form in order to participate in the 13th European Financial Congress 2023 (including: name, surname, position, country, company address, home address, e-mail, telephone, date, IP address, participant’s declaration of health condition for the duration of the conference, gender, photo of the participant) – this consent is obligatory, so failure to do so will make it impossible to participate in the Congress. The data specified in the form are necessary to ensure the organization and conduct of the Congress, including confirm the reservation of your participation in the Congress, settle payments, prepare IDs, etc. The indicated personal data will be processed for the period necessary to settle the Congress and until any property claims are time-barred, as well as the expiry of the deadlines specified in the accounting regulations. The legal basis for the processing of personal data resulting from the application form is art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a GDPR;
- consent to the processing of the image in connection with participation in the Congress – this consent is mandatory, therefore, failure to do so prevents participation in the Congress. Expressing consent is necessary because the course of the Congress will be recorded and recorded, and materials from the Congress may be disseminated in accordance with § 6 of the Regulations. The indicated image may be processed (disseminated) until you revoke your consent to the processing of personal data (withdrawal of consent does not include, in particular, promotional materials issued before the date of its withdrawal). The legal basis for the processing of the image as personal data is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a GDPR;
- consent to the processing of data concerning : To the best of my knowledge, I will not be infected with COVID-19, B. I will not have COVID-19 symptoms such as elevated body temperature, shortness of breath, cold symptoms, C. I will not be in quarantine or under epidemiological supervision, D. Every time will pass at least 14 days from my direct contact with a person infected with COVID-19, a person in quarantine or isolation due to a suspected COVID-19 infection or a person who had direct contact with a person infected with COVID-19 (mandatory consent) – check the box with a statement concerning the above is obligatory. Failure to provide information on vaccination and failure to consent to the processing of personal data in this regard deprives the Administrator of the opportunity to participate in the 13th European Financial Congress 2023. The Administrator’s inquiry is related to the safety and organization procedures of the Congress that the Administrator must undertake in order to implement the Congress in accordance with the rules organization of Congresses and Conferences defined by the current journal of laws of the Republic of Poland on certain restrictions, orders and bans in connection with the occurrence of an epidemic. Personal data regarding this consent will be processed by the Administrator for a period not longer than two months from the date of the beginning of the XII Congress. The legal basis for the processing of personal data relating to vaccination is Art. 9 sec. 2 lit. a GDPR;
- consent to receive electronic newsletter from Admin – this consent is voluntary, but failure to do so will prevent the Administrator from sending you the newsletter . The purpose of granting this consent is to inform you about the Administrator’s activities. The Administrator will be able to send you the aforementioned information and materials until your consent to receive the newsletter is revoked. The legal basis for data processing in the scope of sending the newsletter is Art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a GDPR;
4. For statistical purposes or related to the organization of the Congress, your personal data provided in the online application form may be transferred to the Partners and Co-organizers of the Congress. 5. In addition – notwithstanding point 4 above – if you consent to it in the appropriate box in the application form , Your personal data may be made available to the Co-organizers and Partners for the implementation of the marketing purposes of the Co-organizer or Partner as the data controller. The consent is voluntary, and if you do not give it, your personal data will not be transferred to Partners and Co-organizers for processing for marketing purposes. accounting offices, security companies, payment companies, hotels, etc. 7. You have the right to withdraw your consents free of charge at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal. 8. Unless the applicable law provides otherwise, you have the right to request access to data, rectification, deletion or limitation of data. processing, transferring data, objecting to processing. 9. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw).