Intro presentation by John Ferguson, Practice Lead – Globalisation, Trade and Finance, Economist Impact
Banking in 2035: three possible futures
Link to the report: Banking in 2035_three possible futures_briefing paper (economist.com)
- What are the implications of each future scenario for financial institutions, regulators, and customers?
- How can banks prepare for each potential future scenario and what strategies can they adopt to ensure success?
Discussion areas for the panel:
The impact of new technologies on the banking industry:
- How can banks embrace digital disruption to stay relevant and competitive in the years to come?
- How to navigate rapidly changing environment in order to balance the need for innovation and growth at the same being resilient?
The role of data analytics and AI in shaping the future of banking:
- What do you see as the most promising opportunities in this space?
- How can banks ensure that they are using data and AI ethically and responsibly?
The role of banking in promoting sustainability and social responsibility:
- What banks will play in advancing sustainability and social responsibility over the next decade and beyond?
- What more can banks do to make a positive impact on society and the environment?